Publishing ethics is a set of well-known and generally recognized principles, norms and rules that should be followed by participants in the process of scientific publications (author or authors, reviewers, editors, publishers), and which govern their relationship.
The publishing ethics of a scientific journal is based on international standards developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Areas of application of the rules and regulations of publication ethics:
- preparation and presentation of scientific articles by the author (s);
- interaction of the author (authors) and reviewers;
- interaction of authors among themselves;
- interaction of the author (authors) and the Editorial Board;
- the rights of the author (s);
- relationship between publishers and readers;
- conflict situations between participants in publishing activities.